Celtic 1-1 Spartak. Ten years on!
August 29 2007. Celtic Park was the familiar arena for an unforgettable night of fitba that had just about everything, apart from a fox invading the pitch! At times, it was fair to say that it had surpassed fitba into a form of gruelling torture.
For those who don't remember why this game was so mental it featured :
- The best 45 minute wing display by an opponent that you'll ever see at Celtic Park, when Vladimar Bystrov slaughtered poor Lee Naylor.
- Naylor himself being involved in a half time BUST UP on the pitch with Artur Boruc.
- Roman Pavulychenko missing a penalty in normal time, before JVOH missed in extra time!
- A sending off for Spartak
- The most excruciatingly nervous penalty shootout since Valencia 2001.
The game was so nuts the club even coined in when they released this DVD
We'll have an ON THIS DAY Special from that match ten years to the day in August, and there will be a few guests on for this Pod to speak about the game from their perspectives.
Book it in your calendar, or subscribe to @GIGPOD so you don't miss it!