- it's the midweek round-up, as things at Celtic slowly start picking up ahead of Saturday's game against Motherwell. I wonder what implausible excuse Mark McGhee will come up with after the game? 'The dog ate my tactics' perhaps.
- It's the meeting of minds podcast between @GIGPOD and @JTDSBlog tonight, where you can find out for yourself how this wonderful blog came to be. There will be a note on here and on our new Facebook page (give us a like) when its released.
- Look out for an article on the site later today about Celtic's all conquering side of 2003-04, one of the best Celtic teams of the last twenty-five years.
- Former Celtic striker and noted fan of Elvis impersonators Anthony Stokes was going to Polish side Jagiellonia Bialystock - isn't he in The Producers? - on loan for the rest of the season, but the deal has apparently fallen through. From almost single-handedly winning two Scottish Cup Finals to warming Blackburn's bench, what an odd career he has had. At least his autobiography will be have some good stories.
- ON THIS DAY: In 2009, Celtic and Rangers played out one of the dullest 'Old Firm' games of all time, drawing 0-0 at Celtic Park. The 'highlights' of the game being a Scott McDonald effort headed just wide after a storming run by...Willo Flood!? And a couple of great saves by Artur Boruc. Things were pretty grim back in February 2009, Celtic were in a malaise that ultimately Gordon Strachan was unable to pull us out of and we lost the league title with a whimper. May those days never return.
three days until a game, yay!